Well I’ve finally reached the end of my 365 project. What is it? You take a photo every day and upload it to your site of preference. Being motivated to take a “good” photo every day is difficult. There are days when you don’t know what to photograph and days where you don’t want to photograph anything.
As a photographer, I get bored very easily. Not of photography itself, but of lenses, cameras, subjects, format etc. I’ll shoot with Lensbabies for a few days, then switch to my Tamron macro lense, then something else. I might change to a film camera for a bit, or shoot exclusively macro. It all depends.
So anyway, here are some things I’ve found helpful for doing a 365 project, which may help stave off the boredom:
- Go for walks with your camera, even if it’s just round the block (or wherever). Keep your eyes open and get in the zone.
- When you go out, pick up crap. Really. It’s amazing what you can find to photograph, especially if you’re in to macro photography. Get closer and explore objects!
- Scour your home for everyday objects and try to find new ways of looking at them. Admittedly, this can get old… fast.
- Enter competitions and do themed photo challenges. Find something to get your creative juices flowing.
- Look at other people’s work. It doesn’t even have to be in a style you like. Just looking through flickr tags can give you some inspiration.
- On those days when you don’t even want to look through a viewfinder, all I can say is to push yourself. You never know, you might surprise yourself!